06 January 2012

I Write Like...

I found this website on Jake's blog. 


Basically, all you do is copy a couple paragraphs of
something you've written
(a blog post, essay, a chapter of a book you're writing, et cetera),
and paste it in the big white box, then click "Analyze".
Then, it shows you the famous author that your writing style is closest to.

I entered a short story I wrote recently, and this came up


I write like
Stephen King
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!



I entered a few more. Poems, chapters, short stories, and one of my blog posts.
And got six more different authors.
James Joyce.
J.K. Rowling.
L. Frank Baum.
Cory Doctorow.
David Foster Wallace.
Ray Bradbury.

I can look at this two ways:
  1. I have an inconsistent style, or        
  2. I'm good at imitating different styles
Anywho, for the website, just click here.

What authors do you write like?


2 comments:

  1. I remember trying this out on Jake's blog but couldn't remember who I wrote like so I was going to try again... Joy oh joy! Sopa protest! Ah well I'll try tomorrow or Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Them too? *checks webpage* Wow, some web designer was busy with HTML this morning. I wish someone would explain it in unbiased, plain English. Every news station, website that I've checked has a different biased angle... >_> Do you know what it's all about?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! I love hearing from you, so please comment away. I'll do my best to reply.