17 January 2012

Madness (or: Our Insane Weather Today)

Just the other day, we had snow. (See picture from yesterday's post). Today, it's 53 degrees. And windy. It was raining, but that stopped at about noon. Good-bye beloved snow. Hello Georgian winter. 
This afternoon, I noticed the wind picking up. Leaves skittered across the front lawn. The clouds looked...interesting. So I grabbed my camera phone and leaped out the front door. Barefoot (*facepalm*). The wind instantly assailed me, and the clouds moved absurdly fast.








This Doctor Who soundtrack (thank you, Murray Gold!) started playing in my head.
(Series Five: Words Win Wars)



I ran down the cold driveway, imagination transporting me to the story I'm writing.

Feet now numb, I ran back inside.

Then, a few minutes later ran back out (this time with shoes) and took these pictures:







Strange, no?


Now, it's getting even darker. And even more ominous. And colder, creepier.

I checked the weather forecast. Today: 50 Tomorow: 23 and snow.
There are thunderstrorm warnings.
Madness.
Utter madness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing from you, so please comment away. I'll do my best to reply.