11 February 2012

Inspiration (or, Writing Music)

Everyone (especially writers) needs a little inspiration every once in a while. Some people go to the scriptures, some to music, nature, pictures, architecture, and quiet.

I listen to music and read from Proverbs. (I'll post some of my favorite Bible verses in another post)

For those of you looking for good writing songs, I've posted quite a few below. Enjoy!


Doctor Who - All The Strange, Strange Creatures

You don't have to watch something to appreciate the music.

Doctor Who Series 5 - I am the Doctor
This has to be one of my favorites. It actually played in a dream that I had....



Doctor Who Series 5 - Words Win Wars
Play this song when someone is talking, and it'll sound like they're giving an epic speech.


How to Train Your Dragon: This is Berk


How to Train Your Dragon - New Tail


Braveheart - Mornay's Dream
I've never watched this movie, so I don't necessarily endorse or recommend it.
However, I do endorse and recommend the music.

Braveheart - The Legend Spreads
Movie soundtrack meets Celtic Music

Braveheart - The Battle of Stirling




Last of the Mohicans - Played by the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards


Narnia - The Battle

A Narnian Lullaby

Pirates of the Caribbean - One Last Shot

Russian Christmas Music: Composed by Alfred Reed
This is long (about 16 minutes) but it's really good if you're writing about secret societies. ;)


Song for Sienna - Piano music by Brian Crain
Really good if your overstressed.

Lord of the Rings - Rohan


Lord of the Rings - The Realm of Gondor


Lord of the Rings - Hope and Memory


Lord of the Rings - Ride of the Rohirrim

Lord of the Rings - The Riders of Rohan

Abracadabra: composed by Frank Ticheli
This one is good if you're writing about or in the POV of a prankster.


Celtic Ritual - John Higgins


Irish Song Fairy Reels
For those of you who love reels as much as I do


Be Thou My Vision - sung by 4Him
Just a reminder of why we write.


Lord of the Rings - The Lighting of the Beacons


Lord of the Rings - Ash and Smoke

Lord of the Rings - Battle of the Pellenor Fields


Lord of the Rings - The Black Gate Opens


Lord of the Rings - Minas Tirith



Lord of the Rings - A Storm is Coming


Well, that turned out to be longer than I'd originally expected. I probably should have made it into two or three posts. Ah, well. If any of you have problems loading my blog after I posted this, please let me know.

Happy listening!



2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love many of these. ^_^ Have you ever looked up the Doctor's different companions' themes? I enjoy Donna's and Martha's a lot...also, The Doctor Forever is a great one. ^_^

    Lighting of the Beacons is also one of my favorites.

    --Vrenith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have looked up some of them, but wasn't overly fond of what I found.
      I don't really like the beginning of "The Doctor Forever", but the middle part is great!

      And "Lighting of the Beacons" is just epic.

      Delete

Welcome! I love hearing from you, so please comment away. I'll do my best to reply.